Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Jolly Goot Time


Today, Guys, guess what I got to do? I got to go to the dentist! Hooray!! I totally DISLIKE the dentist. (To the point of acting like a 2 year old about it.) At 6:59 in the morning my phone rang-it was my faithful dentist lady calling to remind me -again- about my appointment. I didn't answer. I tried to think up an acceptable excuse to not have to show up, but I couldn't. The cows were milked, plans already drawn up for the new shuttle, Hitler's dead, so there was nothing left for me to do but to call in and say I would be there @ 9:00. And I was. So, I get back there and lay down in their goofy chair and everybody is all cheerful but me. I asked the nurse if I could kick and scream and she said I could. (I wonder how she got to the position of giving out permission slips for carnality?) So, they tied me down and proceeded to start the lobotomy-oh wait, that was last time...Anyways, Dear Dr. Humphries brought out the big needle with a big grin (Dr. had the grin-not the needle) and started asking me questions. You know I've got this mouth full of stuff and so the conversation's going like this:

Doc: Soooo, how's it going with your kids?
Me: Aaargh mmph phfftt (I only have one and she's fine.)
Doc: You homeschool 3 kids right?
Me: Raaa ghoool mmm spttt (Yes I homeschool) And I stick 1 finger up on the air...
Doc's little assistant: So are you feeling okay?
Me: Yeee shho haha mmmm fooeee ( Sure, Lady, I always hover about 3 inches off the chair and groan loudly)

At this point the Doc and nurse leaves the room to laugh themselves silly and I am sitting in the chair feeling my lip and jaw get about the size of a medium to large watermelon. So, I decided to use my lifeline and call Frances. Heblo Franshes, whash up? We had a good 20 minute talk and then here comes Thing 1 and Thing 2 back from coffee break- and to make a long story short I got three fillings (I asked for apple, blueberry and peach but they just gave me this gross silver stuff) and you know what the weirdest part of all is? They want ME to pay THEM.

11 Comments:

At 3:50 PM , Blogger Denna said...

I am so glad you blog. You give me so much laughter. Love you,
Denna

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

YOu are soo funny! LIke Denna said, I am so glad you decided to join us and give us all a little more to laugh about! You are great!

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger AlabamaBrands said...

Is it fun when people laugh about your worst days?? Welcome to blog world.

Sorry you had to go to the dentist. At least they didn't strap you down like lexi

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Do you have any clue how much you crack me up??

CRACK. ME. UP!

Thing 1 and Thing 2......HA!

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger ~*This Mama*~ said...

me and Jef's favorite part was...


"heblo, franshes?"

 
At 5:44 AM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

Totally hillarious it was. And to think YOU HAD TO PAY them for THAT. Poor thing - me no like dds either. I totally missed my appt - good excuse - I was a KCM. heehe

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Faithypooh79 said...

You are just SO funny!! I'm weird, I don't mind going to the dentist. But they should make great tasting fillings, it DOES go in your mouth!

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, am thankful that you blog. You just have this way with wordisms that crack me up. Love "Heblo, Frashes"... totally made me howl with laughter, and my dear hubby's sitting here looking like I grew a new head. LOL

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Warsh up? HAHA! I am joining u in this dislike of dentists. I think since so the plans for the shuttle are done that you should work on inventing friendly dental proceedures. You really could have something there. =) My dentist hasn't given me a shot for the last two fillings... ~

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Turnip Greens said...

I do not like to go to the dentist 1 little bit. I had a bad visit the 1st time I went to the dentist. The little nurse person gave me the mouth wash stuffy and did not tell me to spit it out and not 2 swallow it and I swalloed it and threw up all over the whole dentist placy and all over the crazy nurse lady ( I was about 3-5 when this happened) So anyways I totally agree with you about the dislike of going to the dentist. Argh. I have another dentist visit coming soon!

 
At 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lowell!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter