Thursday, August 10, 2006

Last Taste of Summer (almost)


Today I came home from town, hot and tired and ready for my air-conditioned house. But when I pulled up in my yard and saw the grapevines that border our little acre of heaven here, I knew that if I wanted just one last taste of those sweet pink grapes with sweet memories that take me back to my childhood I had better go for it. Sure enough, they were almost gone-what was left I had to fight the red wasps and carpenter bees for. I won.

My Grandmother planted these grapes years ago, and as long as I can remember, I have looked forward to the month of August for the ripening of the grapes. You know, I was thinking, naturally speaking I have maybe only 30 or 40 more times in my life to do this. It's a little sad to me I guess, because I know how much my grandmother enjoyed them and now she's gone, but I know she'd have been happy to know that I would enjoy them in the years to come when she was planting those little vines.

Fall is quickly on it's way and here goes another year of my life that has flew by, Where DOES the time go.....

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM , Blogger AlabamaBrands said...

My kids loved those grapes!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter