Monday, October 02, 2006

Call the BMVFD!!


Why I am so terrified of fire, I don't know. I just know I have this horror of anything that is on fire that should not be and I absolutely panic. Take for instance a recent happening at the Hanners Home (not to be confused with a place to dump clothes for battered women) - I was cooking supper in my stove and the conglomeration of a casserole I was cooking boiled over. I have a gas stove which makes me nervous anyways, and when I opened up the oven and saw the stuff in the bottom was on fire, I totally lost it. (I don't mean just a little spark or two, you could have roasted a couple of nice weenies on this-I'm telling you.) I barreled around the kitchen a few times (barreling around helps me think) and couldn't come up with anything to help the situation. Thankfully my husband was just pulling up in the yard, coming home from a long days work and just what the poor man needs-I jerked open the door, and in my best yelling voice yelled GET IN HERE AND DO SOMETHING-HELP IT HELP IT HELP IT! Like any good husband would do he started to shut the door, turn around and go back to work. But I wouldn't let him. I was hollerin' and squallin' (which is what southern women do best) and telling him that the house was gonna go ANY SECOND and could he PLEASE put out the inferno in the oven. He opened the door while I'm standing there wringing my hands and saying "Whatcha gonna do about it What can ya DO about it!!?, leans over and blows it out. With one puff. There was only one thing left for me to say. "Oh."

I'm not sure what my deal is with little fires like that, maybe bad dreams when I was a kid or something. This has been going on for a long time though. You want to see me MOVE- light a fire.

12 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger bonnie said...

That was funny! I liked the part about him going back to work ya'll are so funny!

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger ~*This Mama*~ said...

oooh my, sister. what a horrible thing. I am kinda the same way. About other things. LOL

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Yeah, fires kinda freak me out too. I definately don't feel prepared for one. However, I've had one in my toaster oven, and surprisingly, I didn't lose it. I just blew it out. Even surprised myself a bit. I guess I always thought I would not handle it so calmly. Maybe it was instinct?

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Denna said...

You are to funny. I know where Erin gets that country talk now. LOL
Denna

 
At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snakes and mice cause me to act the very same way. I love the barelling part that was hilarious!

 
At 6:07 AM , Blogger AlabamaBrands said...

Thanks for the smile!

You're so funny.
I'm with Bonnie about the part where Mike wanted to go back to work! HA!

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

I love your humor! Always makes my day! I am with you about the horrors of a fire though. Baking soda will help put out small fires on the stove!

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

That was funny i like the hollering part and also the part about him going back to work :o
Hahhaa se ya it was also good to see you at CM!

 
At 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always keep a bucket of dirt handy just in case there's a fire that needs smotherin'.

Just kidding.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Monkey In The Middle said...

I don't blame you I am the same way. I am even afraid to cook because I do not like fires. LOL!

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Faithypooh79 said...

I'm glad my boss isn't here, I laughed so hard. I once was making popcorn and I was going back and forth between rooms and the grease caught fire, thank God for baking soda, it burned part of the cabinet and the fan above it. I thought the house was gonna go too!! Your too funny though!

 
At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaylene, you make my day....I've laughed so hard I cried.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter