Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Official Widow


I have a wonderful husband who (as I told the person who calls incessantly wanting to loan us money) works 2 jobs and goes to school 4 nights a week, so there is no good time to call him- or talk to him- or get him to take out the trash or... In other words a husband who is hardly ever here. Enter hunting season...Anything that moves, is furry or scaly, and totally happy with their life as a cute little animal, is in danger of being dismissed from their stomping grounds and stuck in our freezer by Mike, who gets the manly urge to go and spend lots of hours and money trying to decrease wildlife population. About this time of year I always hear " Honey, it's about time for you to get up in the attic and get out my decoys." So I do, and then it's off to the swamps to toot on his little duck horn and bring home some once cute critters who will now be decorating our yard with their feathers. Now, I'm not complaining, there are many other hobbies he could have such as collecting empty beer cans and throwing them at the neighbors or ant farming or something. Anyways, since I have oodles of extra time, I guess this is a pitiful plea for anyone who is totally bored, you can always call me and we can get together and do something constructive like, oh, read everybody's blogs and drink cappuccino espresso mocha hooha lattes with a subtle twist of white chocolate and crabapples and hints of bouquets of .... I'm rambling. I'm going to go talk to my cat.

Bit O'Wisdom for the Day-
Check for toilet paper before sitting down.

6 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Blogger AlabamaBrands said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger AlabamaBrands said...

That was so hysterical.

Seeing I have my very own starbucks here at my house. . . you are officially invited. Pick a night & bring a friend. We'll play a game or something.
And bring your dollies three, climb up my apple tree, slide down my rainbow, into my cellar door, and we'll be jolly friends, forever more! More! More!

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger BASF said...

And the thing I love about it is that BOTH OF YOU--Rainbow and Ala.Brand--are MY sisters.

I really enjoyed that post and comment.

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Denna said...

Cute Post!!! My hubby is working all weekend so I am free. I don't like capa(How ever you spell that), but I love Dr.Pepper. LOL Kevin always said drinking coffee was a sign of getting old. Well he has started drinking it. I do not. I guess that means he is getting old and I am staying young. LOL

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger ~*This Mama*~ said...

well, I love coffee.....and I would LOVE to get together with you J. and H. and D. and everyone! However, I haven't got the fancy, schmansy Starbucks in your own house...BUT, we can just go to HER house! hahahahah Right, Heather? heheheh

Anyhoo...I love reading your posts, J. You seriously crack me up! And I remember growing up that my dad was ALWAYS gone. He duck hunts too, as I've mentioned to Bro. Mike, and lives in Paint Rock because he decided to build a house and live where he hunts...which I also told your hubby... when we lived up on the mountain, we used to have like 4 long shelves of decoys that he had bought or traded for, a few sets hanging on the living room wall, and an entire workshop PACKED with his that he made.
If Mike ever needs some new ones, gimme a holler and I'll hook him up with my dad. He makes all kinds...I've seen him do everything from humming birds to Canada Geese (out of Cork, even!). not that dad hunts hummingbirds...but he still makes them. haha.

ANYWAY, ramble ramble ramble...

I wanna get together with you guys!!!!

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

Sounds like a plan to me! Love your posts J - they just make my day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter