Monday, August 14, 2006

No Autographs, Please!


Now I have gone and done it-I am a bonafide local suh-leb-ruh-tee. (clarify): tv star. I got up this morning and cleaned my house a bit and then decided I needed to go to Huntsville, but did not feel like making much effort at all about my appearance- so I didn't. I took my hair and twisted it up in my trademark little puffy frizzle frazzle and threw on whatever I found piled up in the corner and took off. ( I really didn't think I would see anyone and I didn't have many places to go.) Well, I was making my merry way into the library when Channel 48 stopped me and asked if they could ask a quick question. I'm trying to be a good sport here, so I'm like, sure. This dude turns this XXX-large camera on me and this fashion model starts asking me questions. I really felt like to be in character I needed to stand there with my finger in my nose and scrach vigorously, or something. Anyways, she said" now be honest here" (like I would be ANYTHING else on the most honorable T.V.) "do you ever run yellow lights?" Well, I do run yellow lights and occasionally red lights, but I didn't feel the need to tell her my life's story. Instead I asked her if she had ever seen the Broadway play "Annie" and would she like to hear my version of "Tomorrow"? No, really, I answered her querys with as much dignity as possible, then offered a silent prayer that her tape would melt on the way back to the station. Anyways, my father.in.law called to tell my husband about the "movie star" he saw on channel 48 news. Oh my...

9 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger RaCeCat said...

That was great... You SHOULD have given them "Tomorrow"

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

How funny!!! You know that always happens - when you least expect it - company coming over when a tornado has been through your house, seeing a long lost friend when you are looking like who dun it and what fer! Life - you gotta love it. Thanks for the laugh though!

 
At 1:30 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Aren't you glad we don't watch "the tube"? Hehehehehe!

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger J. No said...

"In all honesty, no."

In all honesty, I was taught in drvier's education that a yellow light means clear the intersection. Phillip rear-ended a dude once because he stopped at a yellow light.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger tesiamaria said...

Oh dear. Glad it was you and not me!

Love yas!

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

You should have been at the blowing up of the bridge today. There is no telling how many camaras were there! You could have done it again. I had no idea so many people would be there and what did I do before running out of the house? Put on a jean skirt and the old faithful teashirt. I was nowhere prepared to be on any camara!!!!!!

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

LOL!!!! That's how it works. Isn't it that one time you actually do something silly like don't wear shoes to go pick up somebody or you don't wear your dentures... that you have a wreck or get pulled over? HA-HA ~

 
At 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister Pete!!!
You are in good company.
Sister Barbara made her debut at the bridge Blowing event!

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger J. No said...

Video killed the radio star!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter