Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Well I NEVAH!

Today at the checkout counter at Wal-spendyourENTIREpaycheckhere-Mart---

Woman in front of me: "YOU are going to HAVE to be more CAREFUL (this far into the sentence I thought she was talking to the little 2 year old she had with her, you know, the tone and all) when YOU put your GROCERIES on the counter (well mercy Fred, she means ME!) because YOU just SQUISHED my bread."

Me: (working on my meek and quiet spirit even though I KNEW it wasn't my fault and that she was a fudge brained, squirrel eyed....um-anyways... heh) "Oh, I'm really sorry-would you like for me to run and get you another one?"

By this time there are a number of people staring and I am just trying to pretend that this is just a solveable problem and not the end of the world and we're all gonna be alright... sheesh

Woman in front of me: (with a dramatic cry and upward thrust of the offending loaf) "NO! Because now I have NO TIME and I am going to BE LATE!"

(And Obama might end up being President too, but do you hear me squalling?)

By now the Cashier is looking at me like I am a goat booger.

Note to self: Never type the words goat booger while trying to eat salsa.

So the Woman-in-front-of -me storms away to sit the rest of the day on her throne in her castle where she is Queen of the Gnomes (DUM DA DAAAA) and she cracks her little whip over their heads and...er...just sayin'.

And I am left to sheepishly (moo) load up my groceries and find excuses and pardon for the woman in my heart.

Who knows maybe she doesn't like squished bread and was just voiceing her opinions. Did ya ever think about that HUH. Well, now, DID Ya?!

7 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger BASF said...

I notice that you went down the road I try to remember to take when those kinds of things happen with a customer.

I tell myself: "You only have to put up with this for a few minutes. Some poor family has to LIVE WITH HER." (Uh, most of the time it really is a HER. I cannot even remember the time a man has acted like some women do. And it's usually women that pull the condescending act, too-- like they are so MUCH more important than anything you could ever even hope to be.)

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Hmm...sounds like someone was having a bad day and decided to take it out on you....i hate that when that happens....

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger AlabamaBrands said...

Well, we enjoyed that!
People might need to budget an extra 30 seconds into their day to let nice ladies behind them run and get them a new loaf of bread.


I truly believe there is bad air in Wal-mart that makes some people go crazy. Wal-mart air, honestly, gives me a headache!

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Nicky said...

HA HA HA HA.... Make me laugh. Next time this happens just be saying all those funny things you said in your story, in your head and just laugh it all off, and just know if I were there with you, I would probably be laughing with you. he he he ha ha. funny.

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

Oh the joys of being humiliated in the checkout lanes at Wallyworld. Sorry you experienced this - must be a sign of being grown up! LOL

 
At 4:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...hasn't someone once said "don't cry over squished bread?" lol Kudos to you for being nice in your meek and quiet way...i probably would have not known what to say...

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger reber said...

I was going to say that you are a good therapist until I came across this sentence in the definition of the word...."The therapist helps clients recognise distorted thinking and learn to replace unhealthy thoughts with more realistic substitute ideas." Now I am beginning to think that YOU need to see a good therapist!!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter