Friday, January 12, 2007

Memory Lane

Looking at Courtney's blog and seeing her pictures with her little friends brought back memories. It doesn't seem like too long ago our little "crew" (Carol, Amanda, Dana, Becky, Christina and Me) was just enjoying life, living for God, having mucho fun and crazy times.

We just got together this christmas for our 10 year "reunion". We had said that when the first one of us got married, ten years after that we would get together and have a spend the night party. Well, that was inexperience talking. At that time we weren't thinking about all the kids. Babies in particular. Or husbands. That might want us at home, not off jumping on the beds in remote cabins. ( I shudder to think what would happen if I jumped on a bed now. My poor back and the even poorer bed.)

It was a really sweet time, almost as if no time had passed. We were all thankful to be saved, and doing well physically and materially also. I'm blessed to have such beautiful "old" friends and many beautiful "new" friends, too.


Here's to us, guys! Hope you still love me after posting all these crazy pictures!(The reason that there is not more of me is because I was usually the one behind the camera.)

6 Comments:

At 10:09 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Wow! I really enjoyed seeing those old pics of all of you! It was kinda weird though....Even though I didn't grow up with you guys, I totally remember doing (and wearing!) some of the same exact things y'all did. Like those "Mexican Belts"--I loved mine!

(BTW: Is that Amie Thorgerson I see in one of those pictures? From when she was like, 12???)

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

These were great! LOL! I remember you guys...that makes me feel old. HA HA! I also remember when we all dressed like ...that. Thanks for the memory lane ride...and for the ride in your car...back when. LOL! ~

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

Yes, that was Amy, I think she was more like 10 though. She would come down to visit Becky and we would get the pleasure of her company. I still remember this goofy little song thing she taught us that night in the shed. Something like-Stella ella olga, quack quack quack- I would write the rest but I don't want to embarrass myself. :)

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger ~*This Mama*~ said...

Well, I enjoyed those pictures, Jaylene. I didn't laugh at the clothes or whatever, since I was there somewhere in senior hall too. :-) Who knows WHERE though. LOL

I did however laugh WAAAAY too long at the picture of Amie.

And I would enjoy seeing if she can remember that song. haha.

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger J. No said...

You guys was some crazy folks.

Careen means..... TO CLOG!!!!

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Ben said...

Wow those where some neat pics. Just though I'd warn ya though sista, ya otta be careful putting up some peoples pics. cause ya proly don't want any one afta ya or anything.(J.K.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter