Monday, January 08, 2007

I love to decorate for the seasons. Spring and Summer, I do my decorating outside, planting random patches of flowers and weeds, throwing themed parties-such nice times of the year. Fall brings pumpkins and scarecrows, hay bales, number 5 washtubs filled with mums. (yes, I'm from the South) Winter, I love to put cedar and pine boughs out with all the little snowmen I have. Which brings me to todays thought...


I have a fiber optic Snowman.


Actually, TWO fiber optic snowmen.


And I love them dearly. I sit and look at them and just sit and look at them. They are beautiful to me. And this worries me...


BECAUSE...


It makes me wonder if I am getting a little on the redneck side of the woods. You know, I have always thought of fiber optic stuff the same way I think of poster size pictures of the angel and the bridge and the kids framed in gold plastic, Undulating pictures of the Passover with a yellow glowing halo over Jesus' head pulsing to the tune of Amazing grace, Dale Earndhart head shaped spit cups...You get the picture.


So I'm wondering if what I consider "my taste" is slipping and next weekend will find me on top of Georgia Mt. eating a hamburger made by Mable Sue, holding straight up in the air three fingers on one hand and number 67 in other, bidding on a lifesize velvet glowing Elvis in a Dale Earndhart jacket. With a fiber optic guitar.


Maybe I'd like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter